Educational Experiences are back for 2021
Education package- Onsite visits.
This year we are offering educational experiences on Thursdays during term time. Your school will have exclusive access to the park between 10am and 2pm. Students will experience a 30 minute hands on session “School life in the 1890’s”, where they will learn the 3R’s. The cost is $10 per student, with a minimum of 25 and a maximum of 100 students.
Are you looking for a high-quality virtual excursion for your primary class? This experience will be modified to suit classes learning at school or learning from home .
Let your students experience what school life was like in the 1890’s through this immersive Virtual Excursion. Beaming live from the Old School House at Coal Creek Community Park and Museum, students will be able to compare and contrast their school lives to that of a student in an 1890’s Victorian School.
The following Victorian Curriculum based content will be covered:
- Travelling to school
- School Life – including seating arrangements and punishments.
- The 3R’s – Reading, Writing and Arithmetic.
This is a 30 minute session and requires the following:
For classes where students are learning in school:
- access to a screen to see the session (preferably a smartboard or smart TV).
- A camera is available so the presenter can see and interact with the students.
- Relevant permissions are in place for the presenter to see the students.
- The presenter will need first names of a number of students willing to volunteer in the session. e.g to stand in a corner to demonstrate a punishment in a Victorian-era school or a hand cleanliness inspection for readiness to write!
For classes where students are learning from home:
- access to a device (computer, tablet, phone etc) to see the session
- secure access to the Webex link (link will be sent to the teacher to forward to students)
- Pen and paper to take part in a writing exercise.
Cost $50 inc GST per session. A maximum of 4 classes per session.